The second milestone was far more significant and exhilarating. I felt Rookie move! For the past couple of weeks I've felt little "bubbles" or "flutters" as they're often called, but I couldn't be sure that I was actually feeling the baby and not my digesting lunch. About a week ago, it happened. I was on the couch after a long, busy day and I felt an unmistakable "tumble" below my belly button. It felt just like my doctor had described: like someone was flicking me from the inside. I was in love.
Over the past week I've felt all kinds of gymnastics going on in there, including the "roller coaster" feeling in your stomach that I'd heard about. It happens mostly in the late afternoon when I finally sit down for what feels like the first time after a day of teaching, or at night when I'm lying on the couch. Ted can't feel anything yet, and likely won't for a few more weeks, but even he knows when it happens, as the biggest grin spreads across my face mid-conversation. It is the best feeling in the world!
Michelle, i cannot believe you are already so far along! I am so excited for you that you can feel the movements, that is such a wonderful feeling. I hope we get to see you guys soon - keep the pictures and posts coming!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is the most wonderful feeling in the world,and it will only get better.
ReplyDelete