Today marks the infamous 35/35 (35 weeks pregnant with 35 days left in the pregnancy). Of course this is just symbolic (who delivers on their due date, really?), but it makes me realize how quickly this pregnancy has gone by!
It has been quite an exciting and busy couple of weeks. Over Memorial Day weekend we had friends in town for my friend, Heather's engagement (congrats again, Heather and Eric!) and also caught up with local friends at a BBQ.
Last weekend we had my work shower and a family and friends shower (I'll post pics soon), and the nursery finally seems to be coming together (again, I'll post pics soon!). It was fun having our siblings and niece and nephews in town. Ted even had a little test run at parenting while babysitting his nephews during the shower.
In house news, we FINALLY had our floors installed, so now it feels we like we live in a real house! The floors got a great test-run during a family BBQ on Saturday night, complete with four kids and three dogs running around. Now I guess I have no excuse but to tackle the mountain of unpacked boxes in the garage.
Ted and I toured the hospital last week, which was exciting and a little nerve-wracking. It was a little surreal to be walking the halls where we'll meet Rookie for the first time. At my last appointment we had an ultrasound to make sure Rookie is head-down, and s/he is...now stay that way, little one! Everything seems to be progressing right on schedule. It's hard to believe that in a little over a month we'll meet our little Rookie!
Rookie's cousins
No comments:
Post a Comment